DOXIL® is a translucent, red liposomal dispersion that must be reconstituted before use. Use the tabs below to learn how to properly prepare, store, handle, and dispose of DOXIL®.
- Prior to administration, the appropriate dose of DOXIL® must be diluted in 5% Dextrose Injection, USP (D5W)
- Do not substitue DOXIL® for doxorubicin HCl injection
- Do not administer as an undiluted suspension or as an intravenous bolus
- Do not mix with other drugs
- Refrigerate unopened vials of DOXIL® at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F). Do not freeze.
- Diluted DOXIL® should be refrigerated at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F) and administered within 24 hours
Proper handling and disposal
- As with any cytotoxic agent, caution should be exercised in the handling, preparation, and disposal of DOXIL®
- If DOXIL® comes into contact with skin or mucosa, immediately wash the affected area thoroughly with soap and water
- Visually inspect reconstituted drug for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration; do not use if precipitate or foreign matter is present